Friday, November 7, 2008

The Destroyer's planned upgrades

Well while considering selling the little Rolla to replace with a faster car I was gob smacked to find the value of these are so low! and what I was planning on replacing it with was not going to be anywhere near as reliable (S5 RX7 13B Turbo).
So I decided to keep it and see if I could squeeze any more power out of the tired 4age, I wanted to keep it NA because in my opinion turbo charging makes for an unreliable headache.



So I decided to look for a set of quad throttle body's from the 20v 4age Silvertop, I was lucky enough to find a set complete with 16v adaptor and the TPS for a reasonable price, I also purchased a GReddy E-Manage Ultimate to help the standard ECU cope with all the mods, I also made up a vacuum manifold as well.



I then started studying Camshafts, I didn't want to loose to much bottom end power as its still my daily driver so crazy lift was out of the question, after talking to a local Camshaft manufacturer I decided to go with a 267 degree 8.1 lift set up, its going to be a trial at this stage, if they don't do what I expect from them I will go something a little more extreme.



The head needed some attention as the Valve guides were worn, not having the right tools I decided to take this to my Head shop, where they shaved & ported the head, put new high flow valves with a 3 angle job, new 9000rpm rated springs, crack tested, and a general reco.






now all that's left is to put it all together and tune it.

No comments:

Some of my favorite roads from Mt Dandenong